Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club Program Terms & Conditions
1. The Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club Program, hereafter referred to as “the Program,” is offered by Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. at participating Turtle Jack’s restaurants. The Program is the property of Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc., who can cancel the Program at any time.
2. This Program is available to residents of Canada who are 16 years or older. Those admissible become Program members as soon as they sign up by completing the application form in restaurant or online at www.turtlejacks.com, receive a Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card number and make a first transaction at the register with their card. No purchase is necessary to receive a Loyalty card, however, an active and valid email address is necessary to sign up and enroll in any Tortoise Restaurant Group loyalty program. Completing the application and the acceptance of the Program Terms and Conditions via electronic means—or the first use of the Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card—constitutes the member’s acceptance of these Program Terms and Conditions.
3. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. reserves the right to modify these Program Terms and Conditions, their benefits, participation conditions, and the points required to claim a reward, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice, even if these changes alter the value of the points accumulated to date. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. can withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any reward, increase the number of points required for a reward, or modify or regulate the ability to transfer rewards or benefits.
4. Upon suspension or termination of the Program for any reason whatsoever, Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will have no liability to any member and is automatically released from all claims by Program members in respect of such suspension, termination, forfeiture of or redemption of points, or otherwise in respect of such suspension or termination.
5. Program points do not have an expiration date. However, if a member does not earn or redeem any points or conduct any account transaction in the first 12 consecutive months, their card can no longer be used and the point balance will be reset to zero.
6. From time to time, members can obtain products or rewards other than points based on their purchase behavior. The delay in claiming products and rewards may vary depending on the rules set up for the promotion in question.
7. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. reserves the right to put the Program and its promotional offers at members’ disposal based on their activity involving the purchase of admissible products in restaurant, their participation in the program or the information they provide.
8. Points must be accumulated and rewards claimed in compliance with Program Terms and Conditions. Points have no monetary value and are not refundable.
9. The card is not a credit card.
10. When it comes to exchanging TLC points for rewards, the Program member releases Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. from all responsibility and liability as related to the exchange and use of the reward or any loss or damage caused by the products or services provided as rewards.
11. Any abuse or fraudulent activity in connection with the Program, including but not limited to any failure to follow the Program’s Terms and Conditions, the sale or barter of rewards, misrepresentation of information pertaining to the Program, or any other inadequate behavior—as determined solely by Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc.—or inappropriate behavior or harassment of Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. personnel, or any refusal to obey personnel instructions, may result in the cancellation of the member’s account, their disqualification in the Program, and the cancellation of their points. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc., at its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate the membership, take back or cancel the card, cancel any accumulated points, refer to the courts, and recover any damages and taxable legal fees.
12. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. reserves the right to interpret and enforce the policies and procedures found within these Terms and Conditions. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. decisions are final and without recourse in all cases.
13. Allow up to 24 hours for points to be credited to a member’s Program account.
14. Program points are not transferable from one member to another.
15. Each card registration will only accept one valid email address. You may register more than one card per household, but only one card will be accepted per guest cheque in the restaurant. Only one card can be used to earn points per guest cheque, and any single card can only be used a maximum of 2 times per day.
16. Program members are authorized to know the information contained in their file, contest the accuracy of the data contained in the file and make corrections to any incorrect information. To access their file, the member must visit www.turtlejacks.com.
17. Members who do not provide a valid email address will not receive promotional offers or Program communications from Tortoise Restaurant Group.
18. Members acknowledge and understand that, by enrolling in the loyalty card program, they will receive correspondence from Tortoise Restaurant Group from time to time regarding exclusive offers, coupons, discounts, and invitations.
19. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will be exonerated from all responsibility resulting from an error or omission concerning the accuracy of information contained in these Terms and Conditions.
20. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. considers your privacy to be of the utmost importance. In addition to our determination to provide you with the very best in food and service, we are also committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information we may obtain. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will maintain the privacy and security of all personal information collected from Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club Program members, such as, but not limited to: name, address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, account number, and purchasing information (hereafter referred to as “Personal Information”). By joining the Program, the member authorizes Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. to collect and use their Personal Information in order to keep their file up to date and communicate commercial or Program information. From time to time, information provided to Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. and their Program administrator—iQ7/24—may be used to provide members with information, products, services, and special offers from Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. and its Program partners. If a member does not want their information used for these purposes, they must contact the Program’s Client Service Department at email@example.com or visit www.turtlejacks.com to update their profile.
21. From time to time, Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. may solicit additional Personal Information from Program members. If a Program member refuses to provide supplemental information, their membership status will not be affected.
22. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will not give, rent or sell its Program member lists to any organization or individual. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will allow limited and secured access to customer information by authorized entities under its strict supervision and/or which are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information solely for the purposes of assisting Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. in the analysis of customer information.
23. To participate in the Program, a customer must become a member of the Program. You can obtain a Loyalty Card by visiting any Turtle Jack’s location; simply ask any team member for a card. You may also request a card by logging on to www.turtlejacks.com and selecting the Request a card button. Your card will be shipped to you via Canada Post. A valid email address is needed to complete an online application. Membership is free and no initial purchase is required. A sign-up bonus totaling $10.00 will only be issued once the member’s profile is complete, which includes providing first name, last name and email address. The $10.00 bonus is available for 30 days on any purchase of $30.00 or more.
24. A corporation, business or other legal entity cannot become a Program member.
25. Only one individual per account can join the Program under their legal name.
26. Only one Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card will be issued per holder. Holders each possess a unique card number, cannot share their TLC account with anyone, and must not share their Personal Information or password with anyone. The card is the property of Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. and must be returned upon request.
27. Membership is non-transferable.
28. No retroactive credit will be given for purchases made before the first transaction activated with a Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card.
29. Tortoise Restaurant Employees and Turtle Jack’s Muskoka Grill employees are not eligible to participate in the Program and cannot earn points on personal purchases.
30. In the event a Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card is lost or stolen, or should any changes be made to the cardholder’s Personal Information (as hereinafter defined) including their name, address, phone numbers, and email addresses, the Program member must immediately advise Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. at www.turtlejacks.com or by speaking to a team member in restaurant. In the event the card is lost or stolen, the member will receive a new card on presentation of a piece of valid ID. The balance of TLC points earned and not exchanged will remain the same. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will cancel any points earned in the account if the member falsified their Personal Information.
31. The Program membership card is only available to individuals. No TLC points will be awarded if Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. suspects that the products being purchased are for commercial purposes. Any points earned in such a case will be cancelled.
Collection of Points
32. To collect TLC points, a member must make eligible purchases at a participating Turtle Jack’s restaurant using their personal valid Program card or by presenting it to a team member at the start of the transaction. The cashier cannot process transactions on presentation of a facsimile or photocopy of the card or using only the card number.
33. Program points are earned in segments of 1 loyalty point per $1 spent (before taxes and tip) at participating Turtle Jack’s restaurants. Points will be rounded up to the point closest to the total transaction, before taxes (e.g.: A $7.88 transaction on eligible products will earn a member 8 points). You will receive a receipt after every transaction that will serve as confirmation that your points were credited to your account.
34. When a loyalty member reaches 6,000 eligible points in one 12-month period (from January 1 to December 31), their account status will automatically be upgraded to GOLD status. They will then begin earning 1.25 points for every $1 in purchases (before taxes).
35. When a loyalty member reaches 10,000 points in one 12-month period (from January 1 to December 31), their account status will automatically be upgraded to PLATINUM status. They will then begin earning 1.5 points for every $1 in purchases (before taxes).
36. Card must be presented at the time of purchase, before payment is completed, in order to earn points. If a member forgets to present their Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card during a transaction the points cannot be awarded at a later date.
37. An overview of the Program is available at www.turtlejacks.com. Bonus Points can be earned from time to time on the purchase of specific products or services, for special events, when a member enrolls in the Program, and when opening an email from Turtle Jack’s.
38. The total number of points per transaction is indicated on the sales receipt (regular points, Bonus Points, current balance, and total balance). If, due to a technical error, the balance does not appear, members can go online to view their account balance and profile any time at www.turtlejacks.com.
39. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. will do everything in its power to credit points as adequately as possible, but it is ultimately up to the member to retain all relevant documents, such as sales receipts on eligible Program products, that must be presented to collect unawarded points.
40. In the event of a member’s death, the account will be closed and all points earned in the account will be cancelled. TLC points are indivisible, notably in the case of divorce.
Exchanging TLC points
41. A member can use their points to pay transactions on eligible products:
- If they present their Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card before paying for their transaction.
- If their member profile is fully completed (application form).
- If they are the cardholder of the Turtle Jack’s Loyalty Club card being used to pay in points (a valid ID is required).
If the number of points available in the account is more than the minimum amount required to complete the exchange.
42. The number of points needed to obtain the desired exchange will be subtracted from the member’s account balance. Non-exchanged points as well as points earned during the current transaction, if applicable, will remain in the member’s account and can be used in a subsequent transaction.
43. Payment using points does not prohibit the member from earning points (base points and Bonus Points) on admissible products during a transaction.
44. Turtle Jack’s reserves the right to limit the number of points in any exchange.
45. Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. cannot be held responsible for any points exchanged by any person if the member did not alert Tortoise Restaurant Group Inc. beforehand that their card was lost or stolen by contacting the Program’s Client Service Department, visiting www.turtlejacks.com or informing an employee. The member must assume the entire responsibility of points exchanged beforehand. Any points redeemed prior to notification shall be at the member’s risk.
From time to time, Turtle Jack’s may announce or plan exclusive offers for select Program members where they can exchange points for items, take advantage of various benefits or receive other discounts.