Turtle Jack’s begins with fresh, high-quality chicken from family-owned farms, followed by the care and right ingredients from our chefs. All for a meal worthy of your family.
The pride we take in our menu starts well before our chefs begin their flavourful creations. It starts with great partners who ensure that every ingredient that goes into what we serve is of the highest quality.
Our partnership with Chicken Farmers of Canada means that you can be confident in the standards set for quality, food safety, animal care, and sustainability.
- Over 90% of all of Canadian farms are family-owned and operated.
- All Canadian flocks live in large, well-ventilated barns (protected from predators and disease) and are free to roam and access feed and water as they wish.
- Canadian chickens are fed a nutritionally balanced diet which changes based on their stage of growth. This diet includes grains, protein-producing seeds, bone meal, vitamins and minerals.
- Advancements in nutrition, along with good-breeding programs and improvements in housing conditions are just some of the reasons for the larger, healthier chickens we see today.
The farmers that are part of the Chicken Farmers of Canada family are committed to:
- Meeting consumer expectations
- Protecting the health and welfare of their birds
- Preserving effective treatment practices
Find out more about how Canadian chickens are raised.